Moreau Five Pillars Badge
The Moreau Five Pillars Badge acknowledges an early and intentional commitment to deep integrative learning which is anchored in values consonant with the highest goals and aspirations of the University of Notre Dame. Badge earners create new eportfolio text and media which demonstrates how their broad Notre Dame experiences, discoveries, and values, the very “art of completeness” about which Moreau writes, are rooted in the five pillars of mind, heart, zeal, family and hope. First year students who earn this badge have gone above and beyond course requirements to show progress towards meeting Notre Dame Undergraduate Learning Outcomes A and D: they incorporate Catholic intellectual tradition in the communication of self-knowledge as they articulate their educational and life goals.
To see eportfolios with restricted access, please login to the system here.
|First Place||Cindy Ugochi Emenalo|
|Second Place||Olivia Barnard|
|Third Place (Tie)||Pascal Phoa and Morgan Rooney|
|First Place||Bruce Morris|
|Second Place||Christina Schuler|
|Third Place||Carissa Baldwin|
|First Place (Spring)||Andres Rincon (ND login required)|
|Second Place (Spring)||Lydia Costello|
|Third Place (Spring)||Cami Carballo (ND login required)|
|First Place (Fall)||Sophia Costanzo|
|Second Place (Fall)||Claire Doyle|
|Third Place (Fall)||Victoria Erdel and Rathin Kacham|
Selected Badge Earners
|Erin Joyce||Emma Ferdinandi|
|Marissa Vander Missen||Mitchell Larson|
|Omar Ramirez||Ryan Israel|
- Students with excellent integrative class assignments are nominated by their Moreau First Year Experience instructor or by self-nomination.
- Nominated students are contacted with instructions for a new portfolio assignment that centers on a commitment to integrate the ideals of the Five Pillars in learning and student experience.
- Submitted portfolio assignments are evaluated using the judging criteria below.
Judging Criteria: Nominated students become badge earners by presenting work that:
- Thoughtfully answers the provided prompt in a new integrative reflection which contains both text and media
- Displays creativity in portfolio design and effective use of media
- Reaches the Milestone level of the AAC&U Integrative Learning Value Rubric
Eligibility: All nominated students who satisfy the judging criteria will be recognized with a badge. Top submissions receive cash prizes.
Badge Award Dates: Spring semester