Award Description: Each year, the First Year of Studies sponsors funding and learning opportunities for first-year students interested in undergraduate research. This funding opportunity is designed to introduce you to research at Notre Dame and to the support our schools, colleges, centers, and departments provide for undergraduate research. The First Year of Studies provides fellowship support for independent research, scholarship or creative endeavors conducted outside of regular course work.
The ND Ignite: Research Ignition badge is designed for those students who have been awarded the Research Ignition Fellowship and completed the follow up steps outlined in their award letter.
Judging Criteria: Students need to have submitted an ePortfolio page from their first-year ePortfolio that:
- Shows a submitted, approved, and carried out research or creative endeavor project
- Meets all deadlines for final reports and reimbursement
- Student are encouraged to attach their final report to their ePortfolio
- Demonstrates value to the first-year experience and overall educational goals
- Provides a narrative and/or media of their experience
Reviewer: Panel that includes First Year of Studies ND Ignite faculty/staff.
Eligibility: All Notre Dame first year students
Badge Award Dates: Spring semester
To view a full list of students who have claimed the badge, visit the Notre Dame Credly page.